DSG CTO RELEASE UPDATE: RAIL KITS NOW PRICED AND PACKAGED WITH S2600WFR
Our partners have spoken, we’ve listened. In our ongoing efforts to provide the best experience possible for our partners and customers, we’re excited to announce that we’re further streamlining DSG’s supply chain, through the bundling of L9 WFP systems with rail kits. For more details about this new capability, see details below.
Any L9 system configured in the CTO Portal, and based on the Intel® Server Board S2600WFR, will include the rail kits (when selected) in the returned quoted pricing, MM # and shipment packaging.
What is changing?
- Quotes Management: In the portal, when a system is configured and eligible* rail kits are chosen, the returned pricing will include the price of the rail kits in the overall price for the system. The rail kit will also be included in the configuration details within the acknowledgement email
- Order Management: When placing an order for system(s), partners will no longer need to add/manage a separate line item for the rail kit. The rail kit will be a part of the system-level MM # provided at the time of quotes pricing, and that same MM will be used to place the order for all system components, including the rail kit
- Supply Chain/Packaging: Rail kits (when selected as a part of the L9 system configuration) will now be shipped in the same box with the system itself, vs. as a “ship loose” item in a separate box. This will remove the need for our partners to “rework” the packaging to ensure the rail kits and systems are in the same package before shipping to end customers
What is the value?
- Simplified Order Management
- Less Freight Volume & Costs
- Reduced Partner Burden
- Faster End-to-End Supply Chain
For a detailed overview of the changes, and more specifics re: timing, scope, pricing and packaging dimensions, please click here.
*Please Note: these changes apply only to rail kits AXXELVRAIL, A1UFULLRAIL or AXXFULLRAIL. While other rail kits may be available for selection in the CTO Portal, only the 3 aforementioned rail kit types will fall into the new process. Any other rail kits will be subject to the former process of separate order line items and packaged separately as “ship loose” items.
If you have any questions, contact CTO Tool Help
Now, customers can accelerate time to market via multiple options:
- Launched May 8, 2020: YOU NEED IT FASTER. The Quick Build options are Intel DCBs that are pre-configured and usually ship in 14 days or less. You choose from our list of available configurations, and we assemble based on tested and validated Intel® DCBs.
- Launched July 1, 2020: Quick Builds with expanded options and “In Stock” visibility. Stock Visibility Options for Intel® Data Center Blocks offer a Quick Build option, so you can order systems based on popular predefined configurations that usually ship within 14 days. For greater flexibility, customize Quick Build Base Configurations using components flagged as “In-Stock” to design configurations that usually ship in fewer than three weeks. In-stock components in the Configure-to-Order portal are now displayed in the CTO portal configurator.
- For configurations comprised entirely of server components marked "In-Stock" the estimated order-to-ship time is usually less than 3 weeks.
- For configurations comprised of a mix of different lead-time components, the estimated order-to-ship time is based on the longest lead time component.
Launched July 22, 2020: YOU NEED IT NOW. The Express Ship option provides pre-assembled systems on tested and validated Intel hardware that usually ships in 3 days or less. These Intel® DCBs are prebuilt† and ready to ship.
- Faster time-to-market
- Predictable delivery with predetermined shipping times
- Ready to ship usually in 3 days to 3 weeks depending on your need for customization
- Extendable configurations that you can build upon
- Trusted high-quality, fully validated Intel® Data Center Blocks that feature Intel's latest technologies
To learn more, please see the program overview which includes description, value, current offerings and FAQs. You can also watch our quick introductory video. For our portal users, see in-depth training here.
- Intel® Server System D50TNP (Tennessee Pass) product family, designed for the forthcoming 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® SP processors (Ice Lake) is a single, half-width board featuring improved power and cooling, designed to HPC compute, service, storage and acceleration needs.
- Intel® Server System M50CYP (Coyote Pass) product family is designed for the forthcoming 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® SP processors (Ice Lake). Available in 1U and 2U form factor solutions, it’s the ideal platform for a wide range of solutions such as Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, AI, SDS, HPC and CSP applications.
- Intel® Server System M70KLP (Kelton Pass) product family is designed for the forthcoming 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® SP processors (Cooper Lake). Supports Intel® Optane™ persistent memory 200 series; designed with flexibility for virtualized environments and high-performance workloads including database and data analytics, web hosting and AI/ML